Re: [OM] Scotland question

Subject: Re: [OM] Scotland question
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 11:40:45 +0100
On 23/04/2013 01:19, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Thanks for that. I've been reading a UK road sign website and this adds to
> the knowledge. Roundabouts are what I live for. I'm trying to figure out how
> to get Joan to let us make time for a side trip to Paris to do the Arc. Don't
> think it's going to happen this trip.
>
> --Bob

Ooer, don't fancy that! You must be a thrillseeker!

Once, many years ago, I was in Orleans and came to a large square with
Joan of Arc in the middle, and multiple exits. I was head of the queue
at the lights, and patiently awaited my turn.

Then they all changed to green at once!!

My other adventure was a fraught crossing of an unfamiliar French town,
following 'Toutes Directions' signs. I swept round one corner and came
to a junction, with 'Toutes Directions' pointing back to where I came
from, and 'Autres Directions' pointing left. I went left. Wrong! The
signpost to where I wanted to go was at the last junction on the 'Toutes
Directions' circuit...

I had heard that they had attempted to impose some sort of order on the
Etoile, but didn't see any evidence of it on our last trip to Paris.
Same chaos as ever. Entertaining to watch, but...

;-)

D.

PS - I don't think we have anything like that, here. But I never drive
in Glasgow, because I get lost.

--
http://www.skelpitheid.com/index.php