Re: [OM] Well, that was fun

Subject: Re: [OM] Well, that was fun
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 07:54:53 +0200
I am about to fly home from Copenhagen in a couple of hours. At Copenhagen
airport you don't get groped, you just get a pat down. But it is
gender-neutral, so if I am lucky, I get patted down by some gorgeous blonde.
Fat chance.

Cheers,
Nathan

On 21 Apr 2013, at 17:12, Paul Braun wrote:

> Sitting at the airport, waiting for our flight to Tunica.
>
> Inexperienced kid on the X-ray machine didn't recognize my camera bag as
> cameras, so he called for a bag inspection.  So I gathered up the rest of my
> stuff and headed over to the table.
>
> TSA agent wiped the inside of my bag with the little pad, and their machine
> promptly threw out the "EXPLOSIVES!!!!" Alert.  Or something bad.
>
> Nice.  So, she called over another agent, and they said they had to
> completely empty and strip my Tamrac, which she did.  And then wiped down
> every surface with more pads.  And the lenses and E-M5.
>
> Meanwhile, the other agent explained that because my bag failed, I would now
> have to empty my pockets again, take off my jacket, belt, and shoes again,
> and submit to the full TSA groping, even though I've already been through the
> naked radiation bombardment.
>
> And he has to send my shoes back through the x-ray yet again.
>
> So, I got felt up (that was a new, rather unpleasant experience), and the
> second time the other agent scrubbed my bag down it passed.  So, I had to get
> dressed, repack everything in my bag, and now I'm finally at the gate.
>
> I hope this doesn't happen again on the way back...
>

> Paul Braun
> Certified Music Junkie
>
> "It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." -- David St. Hubbins
>
> "Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard
> --

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu