[OM] Well, that was fun

Subject: [OM] Well, that was fun
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 11:12:56 -0400
Sitting at the airport, waiting for our flight to Tunica.

Inexperienced kid on the X-ray machine didn't recognize my camera bag as
cameras, so he called for a bag inspection.  So I gathered up the rest of my
stuff and headed over to the table.

TSA agent wiped the inside of my bag with the little pad, and their machine
promptly threw out the "EXPLOSIVES!!!!" Alert.  Or something bad.

Nice.  So, she called over another agent, and they said they had to completely
empty and strip my Tamrac, which she did.  And then wiped down every surface
with more pads.  And the lenses and E-M5.

Meanwhile, the other agent explained that because my bag failed, I would now
have to empty my pockets again, take off my jacket, belt, and shoes again, and
submit to the full TSA groping, even though I've already been through the naked
radiation bombardment.

And he has to send my shoes back through the x-ray yet again.

So, I got felt up (that was a new, rather unpleasant experience), and the
second time the other agent scrubbed my bag down it passed.  So, I had to get
dressed, repack everything in my bag, and now I'm finally at the gate.

I hope this doesn't happen again on the way back...

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." -- David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard