Re: [OM] OT: Pentacchio Shifting

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Pentacchio Shifting
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 10:42:45 -0400
I suspect that as long as you can get the full height of the subject
into the field of view (without tilting the camera) that it will do.
You may have to back up and/or switch the camera to vertical to do so.
But you also have the advantage of being able to change lenses or use
your zoom.  I've never seen a zoom shift lens!

ps:  I meant to respond later about the image circle but forgot.  It may
well be that Pentax and Olympus have designed their digital lenses with
enough good image circle to compensate for the shift that normally
occurs with the sensor shifting around for image stabilization.

pps:  It would be nice if this could be controlled by a firmware update
and those of us with Oly digitals could take advantage of it.

Chuck Norcutt