[OM] (OT) Humerous

Subject: [OM] (OT) Humerous
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 14:12:36 -0400
So I'm looking at SD cards, because I'm going to need more than I have for the
Scotland trip.

Also interested in various types of dump-and-store devices to avoid having to
tote the 17" MacBook Pro. Suggestions?

I've been wandering around various sites. FWIW, Adorama has some kind of
special going on right now, but I don't think it's all that special. That said,
when perusing SDXC cards, I found a 64MB Transcend on Amazon. In the Product
Features section is the following entry:

Ships in Frustration Free Packaging

Funny, that.

I suspect I'll limit myself to 16MB or 32MB at most to avoid catastrophic
disaster potential. But I am looking for fast write speeds because the D800 RAW
files are a bit on the cumbersome side. Just south of 40MB to be precise. Dump
speeds to the computer or other device are less critical, but you don't seem to
get one without the other.

--Bob, who has been frustrated by an astonishing variety of packaging