Re: [OM] (OM) Zuiko 35 - 80 f/2.8 FS e*ay

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Zuiko 35 - 80 f/2.8 FS e*ay
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 18:46:16 -0400 (EDT)

The last VW I owned and restored inside and out  was a '74 Super Beetle
with the factory metal sunroof. A bright, beautiful  orange.
The first time I tested the defroster after buying the car two doobies blew
 out of the driver's side vent and into my lap!

My niece and her boyfriend told me they wanted to get into the  VW Bug
scene so I GAVE IT to them. What happened? A couple weeks later they sold  it
someone for $750.  $750! COMPLETELY restored to new condition, 500  miles
on the motor!  Restored examples around here if you can find one are  in the
7K- 10K range!

George

>  That trip across the Golden Gate in a friend's VW was nothing short of
freaking cosmic.

And that was while the car was  parked!

--
Ken  Norton