Re: [OM] (OM) Zuiko 35 - 80 f/2.8 FS e*ay

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Zuiko 35 - 80 f/2.8 FS e*ay
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 12:26:26 -0400
Y'know, an uncommon number of my friends' mothers in high school said much the
same thing to their sons. I never could figure out if it was the beer drinking
or the driving too fast. I mean, I was a starter on the football team, I didn't
do drugs and my father made me get a haircut every Saturday morning whether I
wanted to or not. Hell, whether I needed one or not. Not to mention I wore HIS
slacks, Madras shirts and Bass Wejuns without socks.

But I really thought it was too much when one friend--of all people my doctor's
son--told me his mother didn't want him hanging around me anymore because I
sniffed glue. I was flabbergasted! Swill beer by the pint bottle? Sure.
Occasionally share a few (okay, more than a few) wee drams of some rotgut
whiskEy? Of course. But I drew the line at sniffing glue. Would not have been
prudent. Would have been unAmerican. I didn't even enjoy my first toke of wacky
weed until a couple of buddies and me spent our last night in the country in
San Francisco before leaving for Vietnam. That trip across the Golden Gate in a
friend's VW was nothing short of freaking cosmic.

Harumph!

I'll leave an occasional post to let you know what you're missing.

--BadBoyBob