Re: [OM] The Joy of Backups

Subject: Re: [OM] The Joy of Backups
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 11:49:38 -0500
> Bond Falls and Presque Isle River, respectively.  Brings back a wonderful
> memory.  We were very fortunately just in the weather than trip, let alone
> the photos we got.  Those beat anything I brought back, so I'm sure glad
> they weren't lost.

Joel, you are too hard on yourself. Our problem is that we shoot at
the same location, get about the same shots and then look at the other
person's shots thinking that our own stink.

The weather, that trip, as well as the colors, was the best I've ever
experienced in the UP. A simply amazing week. Remember when we went
from the Porcupines down to Bond Falls and pulled off on that side
road to the east? The colors in that side road excursion were
eye-blowing beautiful. The color shot I just posted came from there, I
think. I'll have to look at the surrounding shots, but I believe it
was from that spot.

Back to the Presque Isle River... I was working on a shot that didn't
get uploaded because I couldn't get it to convert properly. There are
several shots I may have to load into the E-1 and do an in-camera
conversion. But It's a shot I got at the spot where I almost killed my
E-1. My shots are great, but you ventured past the narrow spot and got
even better shots. This year, I went past that spot, but almost had to
do it on my hands and knees. Since I was using the OM gear, I kept it
safely tucked inside the bag until I cleared the avalanche zone.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx