Re: [OM] A piece of history from Southern Illinois

Subject: Re: [OM] A piece of history from Southern Illinois
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 11:48:39 -0500
Chuck,

To be honest, I don't know the answer to your question.  That's why I put
quotes around it.  My family never owned a camera, just borrowed one from
time to time.  The image in question was taken by relatives from Memphis,
TN, and I would assume they had access to processing there.  In our small
town, there was one local photographer, with a studio above the bakery.  I
have some prints from his work.  I imagine he would develop and print film
for local folks.

When I started serious photo work, in 1951, a local camera shop in Dayton,
OH did my prints for me.  Prior to that, my little "OO" Universal required
the film to be mailed in for processing, IIRC.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA