Re: [OM] Some OM-D E-M5 action photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Some OM-D E-M5 action photos
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 12:19:20 -0400
See the history section of this Wiki article on the Hush Puppies brand
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hush_Puppies>  It describes the tie-in
between the Hush Puppy logo's basset hound and the hushpuppies (no
space) as a common southern US food.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hushpuppy>  While the Wiki article
mentions that hushpuppies (as Paul says) may contain onion or other
vegetable ingredients I don't believe I've ever encountered a hushpuppy
like that.  All the hushpuppies I've ever eaten were always below the
Mason-Dixon line, served with BBQ and had a touch of sugar to make them
very slightly sweet.

Chuck Norcutt

On 4/14/2013 10:18 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
> We have Hushpuppies shoes here in the US as well. But they're also
exceptionally tasty deep-fried lumps of cornbread, usually with little
pieces of diced onion.