Re: [OM] Need some advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Need some advice
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 10:20:00 -0400
When the image is loaded as a JPEG into ACR setting temperature to -41
and tint to -22 seems to do a pretty fair job of not only correcting the
shadows but the rest of the image as well.  Not sure how that correlates
to working on the raw file where you're working with actual color
temperature but I should think proportional changes should work.

The standard way of dealing with mixed lighting it to color correct the
flash with a gel.  The gel for fluorescent matching is a green color
since fluorescents used to produce a green cast.  But, as you'll see
here and in the follow-on link the "standard" fluorescent is no longer
standard.  Newer fluorescent may be closer to daylight or may be closer
to incandescent which requires an orange colored filter.
<http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/03/lighting-101-using-gels-to-correct.html>
<http://strobist.blogspot.com/2008/04/lighting-102-61-gelling-for-fluorescent.html>
<http://strobist.blogspot.com/2008/05/lighting-102-62-gelling-for-tungsten.html>

I don't know what you did to the raw file to produce the JPEG you posted
but I don't see a green cast from fluorescent.  Maybe you've already
wiped it away or the fluorescents are producing another color.  In any
case, I think the corrections I applied to your JPEG (on top of your raw
file conversion) produce fairly good color (including dad's blue plaid
shirt)

Chuck Norcutt