[OM] IMG: CU Building / Distortion Check

Subject: [OM] IMG: CU Building / Distortion Check
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 14:34:46 -0500
Cc: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
While walking for exercise at the local airport, I carried the E-1 with
original 14-54 lens.  As I walked down the ramp between two rows of new
hangars, all with doors closed, I looked up and saw the back side of the Ascend
Federal Credit Union headquarters building across the road.  With all of the
window framing and structural lines, I concluded this was an ideal time to
check for distortion in the images, though, admittedly, at the long end, 54mm.
I pulled up the distortion grid in PSE 11, and found nothing to correct.  The
lines were, to my eyes (can't say about Moose's eyes), perfectly square.
Though it has been around a while, I find this lens/camera combination to be a
pleasure with which to work.

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA