[OM] Fast Stone, was: E-400 Arrives

Subject: [OM] Fast Stone, was: E-400 Arrives
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 12:25:09 -0400
I think you only need upgrade your version of Fast Stone.  The current
version of Fast Stone (4.7) understands ORF files from my E-M5 so I
think it should handle E-400 ORFs as well.

In particular, Fast Stone will use the embedded JPEG in the ORF file for
slide show display and can also convert the raw file if requested to do
so.  It functions but, if it's raw conversion speed you're after, choose
another app.  I've no idea of the quality of the conversion since I'm
not interested enough to compare.

In any case it functions much better than my very old version of Breeze
Browser which it what Fast Stone used to be modeled after.  I do like
Breeze Browser over Bridge but I've been reluctant to upgrade Breeze
Browser just to do quick views of embedded JPEGs.  On the other hand, I
still have not developed much of a love relationship with Bridge.

Chuck Norcutt