Re: [OM] E-400 Arrives

Subject: Re: [OM] E-400 Arrives
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 14:55:42 -0500
On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM, philippe.amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>wrote:

> There was no LV on Alice's E400 or am I ageing?

Right. There is no LV on the E-400 and yes you are ageing (but not that
anyone can tell  -- probably the reverse, if one were to judge by prowess
with a camera).  Where there is a LV button on the 410, there is a Fn
button on the 400.  Apparently, the plan all along must have been to
sacrifice the Fn button when LV became possible.  I would really like to
know the story inside the company when the 400 was released only in Europe
and Japan, to be followed later by the 410 with a different sensor and LV
for N.America.  How was all that calculated?

The 400 has a CCD sensor, which is why I was interested in the camera.  The
camera has the highest MP CCD sensor of any Olympus E-system camera. Is it
better than the CMOS of the 410?  I can't say yet.  Possibly not.
 Actually, I hope not.  So far I am pleased with what I am seeing.  For
just over 100 bucks I don't mind having another E-4xx body to deploy.  I
tend to agree with Mr. Watenabe that 10 MP is enough.  Having long felt
that I could want nothing more than an E-1 with more pixels, the 400 became
a curiosity for me.  Once I discovered how much I would enjoy the whole 410
kit, I decided to keep my eye out for a 400.

Joel W.