Re: [OM] LR 4.4 released

Subject: Re: [OM] LR 4.4 released
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 12:12:13 -0700
On 4/4/2013 11:40 AM, DZDub wrote:
> I will pass.  I am so happy with PS6, it can eat anything it wants on my
> computer. It's probably the most well-behaved thing on it as it is.

I like it a lot.

It does, however, leak memory (nothing new for PS). After intense use with lots
of layers, and thus big files, it starts
to slow down noticeably. Close it, run System Mechanic's memory defragger,
recover 5-9%, plus reorganization, start it
up, and it's fine again.

It really is time for a 64 bit computer with lots more memory, SATA 3, SSDs,
etc. But my favorite brand of build it your
own specs seems to have disappeared. Way too many choices out there, and none
seem to quite tick all the right boxes. I
really don't want to build my own - that was then - this is lazy. :-)

(Just getting the software set up on a new box is time and trouble enough - too
much.)

Whine E. Moose