Re: [OM] Big Sharp and Little Sharp I [was New panorama up]

Subject: Re: [OM] Big Sharp and Little Sharp I [was New panorama up]
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 19:55:33 +1300
Moose wrote inter alia

> On 3/29/2013 4:06 AM, Brian Swale wrote:
>
> > I see Mike used an Olympus SP350 - a camera I had not previously heard
> > of.  An 8 MP camera as well.
> >
> > Timing and light are critical components which Mike has nailed, but it
> > is also sharp.
> Digital sampling ALWAYS softens edges - ALWAYS. The original capture of a
> subject, scanning an analog source and

In reply I merely point out that it is not usually permissible in scientific
analysis to extrapolate beyond the bounds of data.

My comments were mainly about the past and present performance of just
ONE E-3 coupled with the same DZ 14-54 lens, hand-held and with IS on.
Same computer gear used for both past and present images, and same
operator except for an unquantifiable age factor..

Brian Swale