Re: [OM] A rental car for Scotland

Subject: Re: [OM] A rental car for Scotland
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 09:01:00 -0400
I think the greatest curse is cruise control that can't control the
car's speed on steep hills.  That's one reason (there are more) why I'm
glad to be rid of my Toyota Sienna and have replaced it with a Chrysler
Town & Country.  AFAIK, only Chrysler products will downshift the
transmission to maintain speed if necessary on steep grades.

When we were traveling in the mountains of the west in our (then) Buick
Lucerne I remember several times being surprised to discover that I was
going 85-90 mph on some steep mountain roads with cruise control set at
70-75.  That wouldn't happen in my Chrysler LHS and (I assume but not
tested yet) Town & Country.

Chuck Norcutt