Re: [OM] Head pounding moments

Subject: Re: [OM] Head pounding moments
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 11:30:19 -0500
On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not really related to photography or Olympus, but...
>
> So, here I am, designing out a futuristic telecommunications network
> that does everything but dice carrots, fighting the powers that be
> every step of the way. I'm told "no" over and over again, or accused
> of building a "gold plated network".
>
>  Ahh.  So you must be one of them "engineering" types who wants to build
stuff that actually works, cost-be-damned.  We've heard about troublemakers
like you...

A press release comes out stating that we're going to be all cutting
> edge and do this new network thingy. Yup. it's my network, but will be
> another two years before implemented in the areas the press release
> even covers.

Again, just stick to your slide rules and soldering irons.  Leave the PR to
the professionals.  This is why we don't let you talk much.

> Meanwhile, some dweeb halfway across the country is
> taking credit for the whole thing.

Did you even *READ* the associates' handbook?  This is SOP.  Stop whining.

> That's not the part the bugs me, though. What bugs me is that what
> we've been doing for the past two years is suddenly being halted
> because the rest of the network isn't caught up, so my network is
> "non-standard" and can't be supported until it goes system-wide.
>
> It's all about you, isn't it?  "Me, me, me..."   You obviously don't grasp
the bigger-picture concepts and mindshare.  We're trying to leverage our
core competencies and create a sustainable marketing model that will
provide maximum shareholder equity and provide the most comprehensively
rich user experience from a least-common-denominator paradigm.  There are
complex demographic algorithms and user-satisfaction case studies and
revenue-stream maximizations to be integrated here.  Why don't you just go
back to your blinky lights and wires and leave the real work to the
professionals?

Grrrrrr...

"Dilbert" is a lot funnier when you don't actually LIVE in it...

--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard