Re: [OM] A rental car for Scotland

Subject: Re: [OM] A rental car for Scotland
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 08:10:50 -0400
My last manual gearbox was in a 1984 Honda Accord.  I've never seen a
reason to retreat from wimpy.  :-)  My 2013 Chrysler Town & Country has
a 6-speed auto gearbox that can be moved up and down through the gears
by flicking the shift lever right or left.  But I've only owned it less
than 3 months and have never seen the need yet... at least in Florida. :-)

ps:  I didn't actually drive the car.  Although I've had a week's
experience driving in England and Wales (including London) it was many
years ago.  My traveling companion had a week's driving experience in
Scotland about 6 months before this trip.  We concluded it would be
safer if he drove.

Chuck Norcutt

On 3/29/2013 6:14 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
> Vauxhall produces decent cars now (although not as nice as that XK,
> of course).  I have often fancied the Insignia, although it would
> probably look dated quite quickly.
>
> Chuck, you're a bit of a wimp to stick with an auto box when Over
> Here :-)  I think that you should have struck out and gone manual --
> for the fun of it!
>
> Chris
>
> On 28 Mar 2013, at 14:05, Chuck Norcutt
> <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> One of these images
>> <http://www.chucknorcutt.com/Scotland%20selections%20for%20Colleen/loch%20fyne%20sam_1040er.htm>

shows the Vauxhall 4-door sedan with auto trans we rented in Glasgow and