Re: [OM] (OT) The Road Ahead - more factors to consider.

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) The Road Ahead - more factors to consider.
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 11:53:14 -0400
Thanks. That's good advice. First, I'm going to find out if the wireless
functions of my iPhone on the Verizon Net will work in the UK. I know my
cousin's AT&T phone worked in London. She used YELP a lot while there, though
she didn't use it for phone calls.

I wouldn't want a burner smartphone. Simple talk & text would be enough, and
the last time I was in the UK we didn't have that, but phone boxes were fairly
plentiful. But that was the London area. I'm guessing NW Scotland may find them
a little thin on the ground. <g>

As for fuel, well, we're going to rent something economical and just squeeze
our eyes shut and pony up at the pump. What the hell, it's vacation, right? And
I've got a lot of travel miles on my credit card that I can use to offset some
fairly serious charges. For example, my cost for a week's self-catering
cottage? Nothing. Of course I've paid the card company a lot of interest to get
those points, but still.

--Bob