Re: [OM] (OT) The Road Ahead

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) The Road Ahead
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 09:16:51 -0400
Here in Occupied Canada we're trained to conduct tick inspections after coming
in from outdoors. The offending tick has to be embedded for about 48 hours for
the disease to be transmitted. So frequent inspection usually solves the
problem. My doc also told me that even if you leave the head in the skin,
pulling off the body stops transmittal of the disease, so if all else fails,
yank it out.

Sadly, we're had reports of ticks already, even with a solid snow cover on the
ground. Blech!

I usually wear boots, and spray repellant on my shoes and lower leg and lower
trousers leg. That usually takes care of the ticks. Then I spray the rest of me
to ward off black flies and mosquitoes. During black fly season, when Skin So
Soft works well, half our population smells like Parisian ladies of the night.

--Bob