Re: [OM] Purse and/or Camera [was More ...

Subject: Re: [OM] Purse and/or Camera [was More ...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 18:48:58 -0700
On 3/16/2013 11:45 PM, Moose wrote:

> ... whatever is driving Moose's Pen experiment has resulted in E-PM1 and
> Panny 14-42 X lens arriving from different
> original owners (along with the 15/8 'lens cap' lens)
>
> The combination won't quite fit in my old belt case, but it's more due to
> different shape than overall size. An
> interesting discovery, for someone taking the kind of trips you guys do, is
> that it fits quite nicely in an OtterBox
> 2500. So it could be perfectly safe and dry while rappelling down waterfalls,
> crossing streams at a gallop, and so on.
> :-)
>
> AND, should one, like the Moose, happen to have the Panny 20/1.7, both lenses
> fit cozily in the OtterBox, one on the
> camera, and one beside the lens on the camera. This would be a great combo of
> IQ, focal range and speed for anyplace
> wet and/or dangerous where a more capable camera lens kit isn't practical.

Her are some physical comparison images of G11, E-PM1 with Panny 14-42X and
E-PL2 with Panny 20/1.7.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Tech/Oly_Pens>

And the E-PM1 with both Pannys in my OtterBox. I would, of course, put padding
between the two lenses. The camera body
came with a stick-on, rubbery grip (which I like) which cushions the unmounted
lens from the body.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Tech/Oly_Pens&image=_3170392croof60m.jpg>

Illustrative Moose