[OM] More on shutter vibration blur & Revision to Moose's The Olympus Pe

Subject: [OM] More on shutter vibration blur & Revision to Moose's The Olympus Pen Story, A Personal Version
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 18:15:50 -0500 (EST)
Multi Permutative Still Reading Moose:

IF, and I suppose that's still a big if, one then goes E-M5, lens
sharing,
back-up, etc. are pluses.

Yes, I had the OM-D with the Panny 14-42 PZ mounted on it in my
hand--quite a  compact attractive kit.
The Panny rep's face visibly dropped at the Hunt show when I went over
to borrow an OM-D for his lens.
I think if Marnie had been there we would have walked out with it at
not a bad show price. The long end is the weakest and thus
I worry more about IQ with cropping. Most of the formal reports of the
substantial image degradation due to shutter shake were
indeed while 'pod mounted but the slrgear report mentions hand-held too:

http://slrgear.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/1458/cat/all

(As does a recent Moose report with a different combo)

Others might not recall the castleman link:

http://www.wlcastleman.com/equip/reviews/pz14-42/index.htm

People have raved about the RX100 on FM but I it still a bunch of dosh
getting close to a nice MFT more flexible solution and no hot shoe.
Better Xtrans support by ACR makes the Fuji x20 more interesting though
I haven't really seen much about it. Fuji ought to quietly share some
of the software tricks requied for this sensor--
perhaps they have.

Curiously the newer 14-42 II R.Oly. doesn't seem to be much different
 from the II except the cosmetics--not quite sure. They made the II
version
tighter and quieter for video and it markedly reduced the shutter shake
issue as well. The II has one less element and doesn't focus quite as
close either,
but it is still better overall all things considered.

Thanks for thinking about this,

Clearly fell down a rabbit hole, paying close attention,  Mike