Re: [OM] 3-D printing, was: New photos up

Subject: Re: [OM] 3-D printing, was: New photos up
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 13:56:45 +0000
Come on, that's not even on the forseeable horizon.   3D printers are useful
for some types of plastic, and for non-structural sintered metal (think
potmetal dust held together with epoxy maybe). Nothing that can replace CNC
machining, at least not for the forseeable future. They can't do any sort of
structural metal items at this point, which would include firearms
receivers, barrels, firing pins, etc.

High-cap mags, maybe. But those are easily available anyway, on the open
market.

-Ed