[OM] 3-D printing, was: New photos up

Subject: [OM] 3-D printing, was: New photos up
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 08:34:34 -0500
Which reminds me that I read an interesting article about 3-D printing a
couple weeks ago.  The aim of the article was to make a claim that 3-D
printing is advancing and growing so fast that it will soon be a threat
to the Chinese dominance of manufacturing of many items due to Chinese
low cost labor.  The claim was that 3-D printing will soon be able to
reproduce many of these items with quick turnaround, higher quality and
essentially no labor.  The Chinese are already at something of a
disadvantage for shipment of materials and finished goods and that will
only accelerate the advantage of 3-D printing in the US and elsewhere.

True?  I don't know enough about 3-D printing materials capability to
say for sure but it's an interesting observation.

Chuck Norcutt