Re: [OM] What the heck is that?

Subject: Re: [OM] What the heck is that?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 16:58:32 +0000
I agree that it's not the way we say or write it now, but it was once the
common order, I believe, Chuck.

As I understand it (from German, for instance), if you put an adverb or
adverbial phrase at the start of a clause, the verb/subject order is inverted.
In Wikipedia it gives the example, "In the garden sat a cat.", or "only when he
was sure of his facts did he enter the argument.".

It is likely that that is the correct order in Spanish, unless the auxiliary
verb "do" is causing Fernando confusion.

Chris