[OM] 264 - was Re: The Age of Vehicles We Drive In

Subject: [OM] 264 - was Re: The Age of Vehicles We Drive In
From: "Ian Manners" <void@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 14:52:09 +0800 (WST)
Hi Jim,

> How has your 264 held up?

The flying lounge chair as I call 'her'.

Apart from a tank of mud from a service station a few
decades ago, it's been a very reliable car. The odd needed
part like the Overdrive solenoid have been sourced from
the wreckers, though I think I'd be pushed to get anything
decent from the wreckers for a car that old these days.

Most of the wear was from my ex wife, who has been
the only one to crash it, think it cost the insurance
company as much to get the front end fixed in the 90's
as it would have to write it off and give me the money.

I was also lucky, my father use to be a volvo dealer,
so I got he car with a boot load of spare hoses and
assorted parts including 2 spare alloy rims.

It doesnt get driven that much any more, no longer
registered as I really dont need 2 cars, so it's like an
emergency spare. Main problem is the deterioration
of the upholstry and aging of the cabin plastics and dash.

The 264 has nothing on the complexity of the 850, I've
just recently tracked down a fault in the 850 Aircon unit,
turned out to be an intermittent shorting diode in the aircon
relay behind the glove box but it took me almost a month.
Error codes were very misleading.

Cheers
Ian Manners
Of nowhere in particular.