Re: [OM] IMG: Beans and Tortillas!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Beans and Tortillas!
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 19:32:31 +1300
Tina wrote

> Thanks, Paul.  Many years ago I posted a photo of a family that I stayed
> with in Honduras:

> I got an e-mail from a woman photographer in Switzerland who could not
> understand why I would set up such elaborate sets to photograph the
> family.
>  She absolutely refused to believe that anybody lived that way in the 20th
> century.

Some time ago; less than a year ago, I saw something; maybe a film,
maybe a video - I don't remember - which showed an esteemed male Swiss
photographer who was nearly physically sick at being asked to do work in
the incredible abandoned (once palace) of a now famous model from India.
She could even have been his wife.

His orderly Swiss mind and regimented upbringing could not cope with such
a difference in habitation from his home setting.

Some people need to get out more, or read more books !!
(Sez he who is unlikely to ever travel overseas again ! )

By the way, I  like all of your daily life and health shots. I think they are
great
as well as being educational and cause for much thought.

Brian Swale