Re: [OM] IMG: Beans and Tortillas!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Beans and Tortillas!
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 14:23:15 -0500
No.  Part of the nutrition program that I worked with was to teach them to
grow spinach and greens.  They could not imagine eating leaves!  They get
plenty of mangoes and avocadoes and bananas but the rest of their diet is
beans (black in Guatemala and brown in Honduras), tortillas made of soaked,
limed, dried corn, and coffee.  Almost all of them complain of digestive
problems in the clinics - gastritis is the diagnosis.

Tina

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Chuck Norcutt <
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No green vegetables at all?
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 2/23/2013 12:24 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
> > PESO:
> >
> > That's what they eat, 3 times a day, 365 days a year.  The cat eats what
> > falls on the floor.
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/148917063
> >
> > C&C greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Tina