Re: [OM] IMG: Washing Dishes

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Washing Dishes
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 16:54:59 -0600
On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> PESO:
>
> Santos washing dishes in cold water piped from a mountain stream.  Or - Why
> I take an antibiotic every day that I'm Honduras.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/148904556

When I first stayed with my in-laws in the village of Kualapuu on Molokai,
HI, the running water came from a reservoir up in the mountain rain forest.
 There is a lot of water on Molokai, just not in convenient places.  It
never bothered my in-laws to drink it, but I had horrible cramps and gas
pains much of the time.  On another visit, the locals were disgusted with
the drinking water because it now had a chlorine taste, but I never had
cramps again. They said that the water used to taste so good, and I agreed
with them.  I had to think about and compare my experiences for a while
before I put two and two together.

Joel W.