Re: [OM] Camera P p p p p p p orrrrrrrrn

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera P p p p p p p orrrrrrrrn
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 20:29:27 -0800
On 2/19/2013 7:07 AM, Jan Steinman wrote:
>> From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> I won't use anything but centre-pinch lens caps. Too many instances of the
>> side pinch types snagging on a strap and
>> popping off, and the slip-on types coming off in the bag. Also, those
>> centre-pinch types can be used when you have a
>> hood on, whereas the others cannot.
> Agreed, but how many of us appreciate what an innovation even the side-pinch
> caps were, in a day when most caps were screw-on?

The ones that drive me crazy are the push on caps that get tired, and fall off
all the time.

The first side-squeeze caps I used were early Nikons. Great idea, but then they
use little metal posts that stick way
out from the cap to activate it. Camera straps not only regularly caught on the
posts and pulled the caps off, but could
fling them several feet away.

Center squeeze caps are in indication of what an enlightened age we live in. :-)

Golden Age Moose