Re: [OM] storm

Subject: Re: [OM] storm
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 07:01:52 -0800
> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Bob wrote:
>> Trying to be sanguine. Trying to be sanguine. Trying not to call some
>> friends to help me burn weather forecasters at the stake. This is one case
>> where you can't do anything at all about the message, but you can get some
>> satisfaction by burning the messenger.
>
> Well, Bob, your weather isn't bothering me a bit.

I don't understand what everyone is whining about. It's been in the mid-50s
here -- about the same as the August lows, unlike where Chris Trask lives.

(Yea, I'll goat until about the 20th straight day of rain... :-)

:::: The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are the
easiest person to fool. So you have to be very careful about that. After you've
not fooled yourself, it's easy not to fool other scientists. You just have to
be honest in a conventional way after that. -- Richard P. Feynman