Re: [OM] Reverse adapter - Now E-M5 battery

Subject: Re: [OM] Reverse adapter - Now E-M5 battery
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 19:06:31 -0800
On 2/11/2013 12:09 PM, JOHN DUGGAN wrote:
> FWIW I found this link on the web regarding changing settings to increase
> battery life...............
> http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2012/11/07/how-to-tweak-your-olympus-om-d-e-m5-to-shoot-sports-by-jim-huffman/

What a nifty find, John!

I'm not so much interested for the battery saving, although that's nice. I like
a couple of other things about setting
up that way.

When it is turned on, recovery from LCD off or from sleep, it cycles through
the LCD display before starting the EVF,
even if one's eye is at the viewfinder. This setting does away with both the
EVF delay and the flash of light that gives
away the fact that one is taking pics.

What the fellow doesn't mention is that the EVF still turns off when you pull
your eye away. That means optimal battery
strategy would involve not having it hanging against your clothes, as that
turns the EVF on.

Only potential problem is that it's easy to forget to turn it off. But with the
battery drain from LCD and EVF off,
that's probably no big deal.

Blank Screen Moose