Re: [OM] 1st Astrophoto

Subject: Re: [OM] 1st Astrophoto
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 18:16:11 -0500
Thanks. At the risk of sounding pedantic, I've started always making the first
step of my workflow (sometimes second if the exposure is off) down at the very
bottom of the LR4 develop panel at Camera Calibration. I don't know how many
brands LR and ACR support, but with the Nikon, Calibration gives you a set of
picture modes more native to the camera, in addition to Adobe Standard, which
is the default. I've started using Camera Standard quite a bit, as well as
Camera Landscape. I'll try portrait when I shoot some.

Then I go up and start messing with everything else, usually having stopped
first at Lens Correction.

By starting at the bottom instead of the top, I find I have more options. The
blues you mention are partially a product of this step. They are Camera
Standard blues instead of Adobe Standard blues.

--Bob