Re: [OM] E-M5 battery life (again), was: The Boys of Winter - again...

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 battery life (again), was: The Boys of Winter - again...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 20:18:22 -0800
On 2/4/2013 7:59 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Are you stating that what you got was 143 shots on a fully charged battery?

I read it to say that he got 143 shots and didn't notice a low battery blink or
run out of charge. In other words,
that's how many shots he took, not how many it could take, if he wanted more.
That sounds like my experience. I figure a
full charge is good for over 150, maybe 200.

> On 2/4/2013 8:11 PM, Martin Walters wrote:
>> Using the OM-D for the last week in holiday mode. Charged the Oly
>> battery after 93 shots (just because) and then got another 143 shots on
>> the recharge. In both cases, the battery indicator didn't blink (though
>> I think it's not too sensitive and will go very quickly from good to
>> worrying).

When mine starts to blink red, I check to make sure the spare is with me (so
far, so good). After that, it takes more
than just a few shots, but I've not kept track.

The light for write to card is in the same place in the viewfinder, and also
blinks, so I'm not sure I notice the
battery warning the first time it blinks.

Pay Attention, Moose