Re: [OM] A church that burned down 20 yrs ago

Subject: Re: [OM] A church that burned down 20 yrs ago
From: "stephan van den zegel" <stephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 11:55:49 +0100
spanish bombs?

"churches are highly inflammable" so I was told by an old spanish
militant... who met Capa, Taro... and friends

more seriously, the tower (how do you say "clocher" in english) of the
church in my village was hit by lightning and burned, so they had to build a
new one... but because it was heritage listed it had to match exactly with
the original. But it was a well know exemple of "Cron" clocher... meaning
that with the time all the structure went turning (spiral)... so they had to
rebuild it "cron"... it took ten years and a international master carpenter
to do it. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Grand-Marchin_clocher.jpg