[OM] A couple of shots

Subject: [OM] A couple of shots
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 13:55:37 -0800
First, let me set the stage.  I had just finished a little clean and
repair job on a Slik used tripod that I had just attained and was trying
the Canon SX50 on it with the new quick release plate.  It was set up in
front of my chair and about 6 feet back from the window.  I happened to
notice some movement out the window and saw a chickadee doing the usual
hit and run thing that they do.  In and out in 3 or 4 seconds.  What the
heck. I popped the remote shutter release on the camera and zoomed in on
the feeder and fired a few shots when the birds (seemed to be two of
them) made several sorties.  I didn't have time to make any changes to
the settings on the camera.  Just one of those spur of the moment
things. This time of year, the traffic on the feeder is quite low.  Did
get a couple of keepers.  This one and the next.
<http://www.pbase.com/pelaughlin/image/148479354>
These are at 1600 equivalent iso and cropped to a little less than 1/4
of the original frame.  And from a "point and shoot"camera.
Paul in Portland OR