Re: [OM] OM Zuiko 85mm f2

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Zuiko 85mm f2
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 07:40:15 -0500
I think this must be the patent of interest
<http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=23&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=coma.ABTX.&s2=olympus.ASNM.&OS=ABST/coma+AND+AN/olympus&RS=ABST/coma+AND+AN/olympus>
Abstract

A large-aperture telephoto lens system with high telephoto ratio wherein
a negative thick meniscus lens is arranged in the rear lens group for
correcting the negative spherical aberration and negative coma which are
produced by the positive meniscus lenses with high refractive indices
positioned on the object side.

The correcting element is described as a "moving" element which is used
to correct coma at close focusing distances.  However, the lens
described is a 6 element lens and not the 5 element version depicted in
the eSIF.  But there are at least 3 versions of this lens.  Although the
depiction in the eSIF does not conform to the patent in number of or
shape of elements I could find no other patent to describe a different
design.

Chuck Norcutt