Re: [OM] +1 for Andrew's "SLR Compendium"

Subject: Re: [OM] +1 for Andrew's "SLR Compendium"
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 09:02:03 +1100
Thanks for the 'like' (shudder!)
The first art was the original intention of the book - and then it got away
from me.
As is my way, I got a bit grumpy about the utter rubbish I see on the net.
In particular - and it's in there somewhere - I saw a piece of misinformation
go from "it looks a bit like a Cosina" to "It could have been made by Cosina"
to "It's absolutely, definitely a Cosina" between 2004 and 2006 - and it damn
well isn't but every time you look it up, that nonsense appears. It's a Chinon!
For me, a lot of the brand reference section is a bit tedious but it had to be
done.And it had to be factually correct as far as was possible.  The best part
of that is the rare, weird, failed and unknown cameras and there's no shortage.
Trying to sort out the Yashica TLR's at the moment - they went barking mad in
the late fifties and put one out every ten minutes or so, most of them without
a model name and many with insignificant changes. The collectors get quite
argumentative about it as well! Sigh.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com