Re: [OM] +1 for Big_IS and his micro 4/3 adapter

Subject: Re: [OM] +1 for Big_IS and his micro 4/3 adapter
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 08:38:56 -0600
> NEX-7 has focus peaking with MF lenses and my Pana Videocam also able to
> highlight the focus area with color in MF mode. It is rather disappointing
> if OM-D does not have this feature.

It only makes sense. The HDMI output is compressed, too. Certain
"video" features are either left out or not well implemented because
even though the camera does video, the main product design brief is
for it to do still photography and the video is just a free-be that's
been "throw-in".

This is not a criticism, just an observation. Cameras developed by
companies that make significant portions of their revenue from video
will approach things from a "video first" perspective. Sony and
Panasonic are in that camp. Fuji and Canon are too, but have had a
significant stills heritage too, so their products tend toward the
eclectic.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx