Re: [OM] Remote Shutter Releases

Subject: Re: [OM] Remote Shutter Releases
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 09:27:48 +1100
90% of Chinese stuff is OK and works, although often crude.
Often tho' there are simple errors of measurement - for instance, I bought an
Elinchrom fit flash cable where the centre pin was too short to make contact.
In these cases complaints are met by the statement - "No-one else has
complained."  When pushed, they'll immediately lose the ability to speak
English.
I invented the 90% figure - it's less.
But I know camera shops that find a good, cheap Chinese line, self-import via
ebay and then charge four times as much for it - my local store does this with
lens adapters and flash triggers.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com