Re: [OM] Olympus Lithium Batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Lithium Batteries
From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 14:11:01 -0800
I've on my second set of replacement, after-market BLM-1's. My second set are
BLM-5 replacements, meant for the E5.  Both types charge just fine in Oly's
charger.

My experience is that they work as well as the original Oly battery, when new,
but seem to "run down" in their ability to hold a charge, after 2 to 3 years.

But at 2 for $15, including shipping, tax, etc., compared to buying genuine Oly
batteries, its no contest.  I have the original BLM-1 that came with the camera
(it still works), but otherwise use my (now) BLM-5 batteries as my primary
batteries, with great success.

David.