Re: [OM] [OT] Speeding tolerances

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Speeding tolerances
From: philippe.amard@xxxxxx
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 14:51:08 +0100 (CET)
I don't think the idea is to trust the GPS 100% of the time.
Let's take Swiss (ultra long) tunnels as a counter example where you wouldn't
have any reading anyway, and yet lots of VERY expensive speed-cameras ...
what I mean by expensive is that the price to pay for a print is outstanding.

The idea is to 'calibrate' your car-speedo using the GPs once and for all,
 at the standard speeds while driving at constant speed for a while on open
roads.
Let's say 30, 50, 90, 110 and 130 km/h which are the standard speed limits in
my own country.
In Switzerland I calibrate at 80 - 100 - 120.
And so on and so forth.

Once you know what the variations are at these points-or-bucks-hungry
thresholds,
the rest is just a question of memory and visualisation of the needle ;-)

And then, if your car has one, I recommend using the electronics to prevent
speeding,
most cars have one such system nowadays, even if it is just a bell ringing at
the set speed,

Or even better setting the speed regulator on.

I find the latter much safer than anything else I know by the way as you can
really concentrate on the road,
and land not as tense as without.

Fern, nicht so schnell, gut!

Philippe whose last speeding ticket dates back 500,000 km ago or so.

Message du : 19/01/2013 14:26