Re: [OM] New pic up on TOPE

Subject: Re: [OM] New pic up on TOPE
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 07:49:49 +0100
Le 9 janv. 13 à 22:49, Ken Norton a écrit :

>> Nope, when I looked again they were all 900 horizontal again. I tried
>> several galleries including your own, so I guess it must have been a
>> browser glitch.
>
> Who knows. I've had to make so many adjustments that it is possible
> that the fork got caught crosswise in the throat.
>

>> You persist on 900 vertical as well I understand?
>
> That's a tough one. I hate fighting the limits of screen heights. Many
> people do their surfing with tablets. As such, when coming across an
> image taller than the screen height, we just rotate the tablet. If not
> 900, 800? 700? 600? Honestly, I'm clueless when it comes to it because
> I I'm not happy with anything. I'd rather dictate that all pictures
> have to be landscape orientation. :(
>
> What is the standard on LUG? Is there much grousing over it?

To each their own, we post at the size we want to, the sky (99999 Kb
in fact) is the limit.
So LUGGERS probably adjust size to their screens when they post, yet
some simply don't know how to.
But most of us restrict ourselves to smaller pixes, for fear of theft,
for bandwith and storage reasons (limited to 2GB per head), etc.

 From my point of view, unless you have adjusted your photo for
viewing larger, 1750 x 900 is perfectly accepted and no -one complains
either wy, too big, or too small.

And still as seen from here, I don't see the point of buying > $1000
cameras to finally display files that look like poststamps; I prefers
postcards, or even better posters ;-)
Maybe it's just me after years of shooting slides ...
Hope this helps.

AMitiés
Philippe

> --
> Ken Norton
> ken@xxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.zone-10.com
> --

to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.