Re: [OM] E-M5 lens plan [was Major Oly rebates]

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 lens plan [was Major Oly rebates]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 10:16:03 -0500
Thanks.  Your comments (especially about rain) caused me to go take a
close look at the specs for the 12-50 and 14-150.  I too think that the
14-150 is likely to be my walkaround lens with panos making up for the
loss of 24mm equivalent field of view.  But I also see that the 12-50 is
the one that provides splash protection and closer macro.  So for $150
(with kit price and rebates) I'll be sure to include it as well.

And thanks also for the battery tip.  I assume you mean this one:
<http://www.amazon.com/EZOPower-Olympus-Full-Decoded-Rechargeable-E-M5/dp/B00A743A06/ref=sr_1_4?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1357570790&sr=1-4&keywords=OM-D+E-M5+battery>
I won't give you the battery safety pitch any more.  First, because I've
been violating it myself and, second, because the specs on this one
explicitly state: "Integrated microchip prevents overcharging &
lengthens battery life." and, due to the decoding, "It also can be
charged by original BCN-1 charger."  Use of the Oly charger resolves the
charger side of the lithium ion battery safety concern which requires
battery and charger cooperation.

It has about 15-20% less capacity but for the price I'll buy two.

Chuck Norcutt