Re: [OM] IMG: Pt.Lobos Formations

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Pt.Lobos Formations
From: Robert Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 19:47:22 -0800
Each full image is 3 shots. Bracketing. Looking for the right combination
of surf, spray, etc. (ending up liking the one with very little surf action
to show the rocks leading out to the far point), the sky kept changing (and
I ended up not including much of the sky; pretty blah gray all over), etc.
etc. etc...
:-)
It's how I meditate actually; I find myself repeating some nonsensical
mantra inside my head after awhile. Weird, I know, but that's where I go
when I'm out photographing...

Bob

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 7:01 PM, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> Another beautiful shot.  I understand the setup time but why 45 minutes
> for exposing 3 images?
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>
> On 1/6/2013 3:40 AM, Robert Adler wrote:
> > Nice day down by Carmel just hanging out. Went to Pt. Lobos for a lunch
> > (windy and wet) and  a walk. Saw this and thought I'd practice my tilt
> > technique. 3 images with back shift, stitched and cropped. About a 45
> > minutes to set up and nail the focus. About 45 minutes of exposing.
> >

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rgacpa_HI/20130105-Pano1-PtLobos.jpg.html
> >
> > Please look large.
> > Seems to work well. Hope you enjoy...
> > Bob
> >
> > Techie stuff:
> > Alpa Max
> > Alpa 50mm Rodegon HR SB34 with polarizer
> > Alpa 7deg 17mm T/S adapter (about 1.4deg tilt)
> > Alpa 17mm Extension
> > PhaseOne IQ160
> > f 11.6 @ ISO 50 and about .5 sec.
> >
> --