Re: [OM] TMOL was Re: TOPE gallery

Subject: Re: [OM] TMOL was Re: TOPE gallery
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 13:01:22 -0800
On 1/4/2013 12:12 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> The advantages of using Zone-10 are several. One issue in particular
> has to do with image rights. Zone-10 promises to never sell your
> photos without at least informing you that I'm selling them first. :)
>
> Seriously, this wouldn't be a problem to set up a gallery for a TOPE.
> The nice thing about the Gallery software is that it is easy to
> maintain, easy to use, easy to upload to, etc... I can create a
> seperate database/directory for themed events. I'll take a look at the
> latest Gallery3 software to see if that makes more sense. If done
> correctly, this is user-maintained so there is no delays for the
> Schnozz to get back from vacation or something.

Have you changed software? Back when Zone-10 was new, I found the gallery
software slow, somewhat opaque to use and
generally annoying.

> On a related note, anybody who wants to assist me in getting this
> setup and administered, I'll gladly take the help.

What about contacting Olafo about moving or mirroring the TOPE house? He's got
all the code, including especially code
to take the standardized email input and parse it directly into the gallery.
Might be nice to keep the look we are all
used to, too.

K.I.S.S Moose