Re: [OM] OM-D gets prize

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D gets prize
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 12:30:23 -0800
On 1/3/2013 3:48 AM, Frank Wijsmuller wrote:
> Hmm... I don't over-value the result, but the poll was for dpreview
> members. That is a significant more relevant audience then dpreview
> readers, as you had to log-in to vote.

Yet another - TOP camera of the year.

> And I do think it is more interesting to discuss our own 'OM list camera of
> the year' instead of discrediting this dpreview poll.

As Mike discusses at some length in his award post, the whole business is
silly. Then he goes ahead and makes an award. :-)

> I think the EM-5 deserves its first place.

My personal first place goes to the E-M5.

> I wouldn't be surprised if it,
> like the OM-1 once, will be a benchmark for small yet very capable
> camera's. For many people, it represents a better compromise then a larger
> DSLR.
>
> Imho, the best camera is about the best compromise, not about absolute
> quality.

Exactly. It has more of the things I value and fewer of those that I don't
like/want than anything else out there at the
moment.

> Of course, I'm prejudiced, since I have one. And it makes me smile every
> time I use it..

Exactly, again. :-)

As usual, mine is on top of the pile of paper on top of my scanner, immediately
at hand. When I look over to my left, I
am pleased. (And sometimes wonder why I'm here, reading and writing, and not
out taking pix - or at least processing
more of those I've taken. But then, I can enjoy more than one thing.)

OM D Moose