[OM] New Years' photos?

Subject: [OM] New Years' photos?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 18:19:50 -0500 (EST)
Hi Philippe,
Marnie sends her regards to you and Alice though she spent most of New
Year's in bed
recovering from a bad cold.

One can focus stack with Photoshop with align routine and merge but
easier with a software package.  One takes several shots with fine
gradation of focus either
using a focusing rail or the helicoid if it is "long throw" enough.  I
open the raw files in Bridge so they can be synchronized and then if
using CombineZ (free) have to save a jpg as it will not handle
16 bit files.  Zerene stacker will, and is probably a better program
with more intuitive interface and will handle "sub stacks"  w/o a bunch
of fussing. Most software gets balled up with some elements in focus
at different levels of the stack--best to stack them separately.
(pesky hair like structures are the usual culprit)  Sometimes best to
include a stopped down image  as the final image so it doesn't appear
the dof falls off a cliff.

http://www.laurieknight.net/article/view/7       Might be worth
checking out some of the rest of this site if interested.

http://hadleyweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/CZP/Installation.htm

http://zerenesystems.com/cms/stacker

Not clear to me that Helicon focus is worth the $$$$

Thanks for looking.  Enjoyed your nice shot and  am not 100% sure, but
may recognize the excellent person constituting part of the bokeh.

Mike