Re: [OM] IMG: Paris BW, which to you prefer, svp- THANKS ALL, plus Moose

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Paris BW, which to you prefer, svp- THANKS ALL, plus Moose
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 17:59:16 +0100
Le 21 déc. 12 à 01:42, Moose a écrit :

> On 12/20/2012 1:58 PM, philippe.amard wrote:
>> Just curious to know which is more acceptable to you.

>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Paris+here+and+there/Fridge+photo-1802.jpg.html
>>
>> or B
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Paris+here+and+there/Place+du+Tertre-1804.jpg.html
>>

>> Extra, yet another fridge photo
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Paris+here+and+there/Fridge+photo2-1797.jpg.html
>
> Your English is so good that I tend to forget that it's not your
> first language. Your use of 'prefer' in the title is
> perfect. The use of 'acceptable' is just slightly off of what I
> imagine you are saying.*
>
> They are both acceptable, but I prefer 'A'
>
> Obviously, the placard and easel should have been temporarily
> moved. :-)   While trying a crop to reduce or eliminate
> it, I found I like a tighter crop better. The foreground doesn't
> serve any purpose for me, and it could get rid of the sign.
>
> Still, I like having the shop/restaurants on both sides. It provides
> a space/context for the people. Cropping out too
> much on the right leaves the scene unframed. So I kept part of the
> right with a corner of the sign and then cleaned it
> out. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Amard/Fridge.htm>
>
> With the tighter crop, it takes on a form that I quite like.
>
> Cropped Moose
>
> * Unless you are having a little joke in advance at pedants of
> English.
>
> --

which rings a bell or two here ;-)

Thank you Moose,

I'm late I know but trying to do my best catching up.

I like your crop a lot and it makes sense, thanks :-)
I presume I had been shy with the scissors as what I posted was
already a crop, and I didn't want to loose too much of the
surroundings ...

Have a happy season over there, and enjoy the light when there is some.

Thanks again
Amitiés
Philippe, on the upward slope marching towards longer and brighter
days :-)